Elegear is committed to protecting your privacy. Our goal is to provide you with a positive experience on our website www.elegear.shop (“Site”), while at the same time keeping your Personal Information secure.
Aggregated Information. Information may be aggregated and/or anonymized. When information is aggregated, it is combined with information about other customers and users. Aggregated information that includes Personal Information is considered Personal Information until it has been anonymized.
Anonymized Information. When information is anonymized, the information can no longer be attributed to a specific natural person without the use of additional information, for example, how many users viewed a particular website video or advertisement, such information cannot be used to identify you. In general, usage data collected when you visit the Website is both aggregated and anonymized so it does not identify you personally and therefore is not Personal Information.
Children’s Personal Information.The Website is not directed to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18 (Eighteen), or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction. If we are informed that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under the age of 18, we will delete that Personal Information from our systems. If you believe we might have inadvertently collected Personal Information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com
- Information Provided by Users
- Account Information & Customer Support. You may want to register with elegear.shop to make shopping faster and easier. When you shop on the Site, we obtain information needed to complete your transaction. This may include your name, shipping address, billing address, telephone number, credit/debit card number with expiration date, and email address. If you enter certain of our contests or giveaways, we may collect additional information. Under no circumstances do we ever share, sell, or rent your personal information to outside parties. The customer contact information you provide may be used to contact you concerning the status of an order, answer your questions and, unless you choose to opt-out, to send you communications about upcoming sales, discounts, contests, promotions and product information. The information collected by the Site is processed and securely stored in our database for your future use. If you are using a computer at a public place, we encourage you to log out at the end of your session.
- Third-Party Information. We collect and use information obtained from Facebook, Google, Amazon, and other accounts you use to login to the Services (“Third-Party Accounts”), such as: your name, your user name or handle, birth date, picture, and other details you may have on your Third-Party Account profile. We do not have access to your Third-Party Account passwords.
Device and Other Automatically Collected Information
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about Device, such as: user settings, browsing history, and activities conducted while using the Services. Our Services use the following cookies: Strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the operation of the Services. Without them, for example, you would not be able to use your Account. Analytical/performance cookies, which allow Elegear to recognize and count the number of visitors, learn how visitors navigate the Services, and improve the Services. Functionality cookies, which Elegear uses to recognize you when you return to the Services.
- Analytics Services. Elegear also uses analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze your information. Generally analytics services do not identify individual users. Many analytics services allow you to opt out of data collection. For example, to learn more about Google Analytics practices and to opt out, visit www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
What do We Use the Information For?
To process transactions. We use your information to process payments you make through the Services.
To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing or for your Account may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related Product or Services information. We may also send you marketing and promotional communications we believe might be relevant to your interests.
Security and privacy. We use your information to verify Account details and activity. We also use your information to promote the security and privacy of the Services, such as investigating suspicious activities or violations of our terms.
Advertising and business information. We may show advertisements to you and others for our Products and third-party products based on the information we have collected from you, such as: what you have installed, accessed, used, and purchased.
Accessing Third-Party Accounts. We use your information, including Third-Party Account information, to permit your Products and the Services to access Third-Party Accounts. These Third-Party Accounts may allow you to share personal information through our Services, such as Facebook posts or pictures. Because this kind of information can be public, you should exercise care in what you choose to submit to Third-Party Accounts. Please adjust your Third-Party Account privacy settings appropriately.
How do We Use the Information Collected？
We use the information collected for a number of purposes. These purposes will be consistent with the reason you provided the information to us or for a directly related purpose. The uses we make of such information are to:
- set up an account for you on the Website;
- facilitate your purchase and/or download of our Products;
- authenticate use of your account or purchases and/or use of our Products;
- register your Product in our product database;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- assist you with customer support;
- communicate about and administer participation in customer promotions and surveys;
- provide the Products you request;
- provide you with information about the Products you use, such as new features, bug fixes, service downtimes or upgrades;
- help us develop new products and improve current Products;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We (or selected third parties) will contact you by electronic means only if you have opted-in to receive marketing information. "Opt-in" means that you have taken an affirmative action to receive information, such as by checking a box or clicking a button;
- notify you about changes to the Website and Products and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- administer the Website and Products for internal operational purposes, including troubleshooting, data and statistical analysis, testing, research and survey purposes;
- improve the Website and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- ensure the security of the Website;
- monitor and regulate interactive features of the Website and our products that you choose to participate in, including online forums and chat rooms relating to our products;
- help you navigate the Website;
- help you access and use certain features of the Products remotely and to help you monitor and safeguard your home and home network;
- provide you with information and recommendations about Internet and utility usage in your home;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others who visit the Website and to deliver relevant personalized advertising to you and others;
- determine which aspects of the Website and our products are most useful to you.
How do We Protect the Information Collected？
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied personally identifiable payment information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. After a transaction, your credit card information will not be stored on our servers.
Under no circumstances do we rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We only share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes if you have granted us permission to do so, and in accordance with the Marketing section below. We share Personal Information in the following ways:
- within Elegear for purposes of data processing or storage;
- with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, hosting websites, storing your information, providing email communications on our behalf and providing customer support. For example, when making purchases on Elegear, Elegear uses a payment processor to verify your payment card information. Your payment card information is passed through to the payment processor and is not collected or stored by Elegear. The payment processor is authorized to use this information only to authenticate your purchase and for no other purpose. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete or provide the requested service or transaction, and we do not allow third parties to use your Personal Information for a different purpose than what was disclosed to you;
- to comply with the law or legal process (such as responding to subpoenas or court orders), to comply with government reporting obligations and to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
Any third parties with whom we share your Personal Information are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure these third parties comply with the same privacy principles that govern our collection of your Personal Information. We will ask for your consent, such as by email response, opt-in box or click through agreement acceptance, before we use or share your Personal Information for any other purpose.
We strive to maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by the Site. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access unencrypted Personal Information. If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your Wi-Fi-enabled devices, home networks and services (also known as "friendly names") may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
You may withdraw your consent to collect, use, and/or disclose your personally identifiable information held or controlled by us by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Based on the extent to which you withdraw your consent, the functionality of your Account, Products, and Services may be effected.
Third Party and Social Media Linked Sites
Minors And Children
Elegear is committed to protecting the privacy of minors and does not sell products for purchase by children under the age of 18. Our Website is not promoted to minors and if as the user you are under 18, you may use www.elegear.shop only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Should it come to our attention that minors under the age of 18 have been purchasing through our Website, their personal information will be removed from our records.
California Privacy Rights Under California Civil Code §1798.83
EU Privacy Rights Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- the right to access personal data held about you;
- the right to object to processing (for example, direct marketing);
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain about processing carried out by the data controller;
- the right to object to automated decision making;
- the right for the personal data being updated;
- the right to be forgotten.
Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection
We expressly reserve the right to disclose your personal information and any other information to third parties if we believe, in good faith, that we are required to do so by applicable law, including, but not limited to, disclosure to law enforcement or other government officials in connection with an investigation of claims of fraud, misappropriation or infringement of any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, or any other conduct or activity that is illegal or that may subject you or Elegear, its agents, employees, affiliates or others to any potential legal liability or as otherwise required by law. We may also disclose personal information and any other information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or as otherwise permitted by law. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information or any other information of a user who we believe is in violation of any policy or rule as posted on the Site, even without a subpoena, warrant, court order or other governmental request.